Gifts to endowment ensure the long-term financial health and stability of our school and allows Marlborough to remain competitive by recruiting and retaining the best faculty and providing the finest educational experience for our students.

Endowment gifts are professionally invested to provide income for the School’s operating budget, financial aid, and faculty support in perpetuity. Gifts to endowment may be of any size and may be designated for a particular purpose or to an existing named endowment fund.

Named endowment funds may be created with gifts of $100,000 or more. To make a gift to the Endowment Fund, please contact the Advancement Office at (323) 964-8414.

Examples of Current Endowments

Elizabeth Bannerman Endowment Fund for Global Studies
The Fund for Technology Enhancement


How do endowment gifts help Marlborough?

Earnings on the School's endowment provide financial aid, faculty support, and operating funds. This reduces some of our need for annual fund gifts and helps to keep tuition costs down. However, the School would need to raise an additional $38 million in endowment funds to generate enough revenue to meet the entire cost of providing a Marlborough education.

Is my gift to Marlborough tax deductible?

Yes, to the fullest extent allowed by law. Marlborough is a non-profit educational organization under section 501 (c)(3) of the IRS Code. Our federal tax I.D. number is: #95-2816435. Because individual circumstances vary, please consult with your financial advisor for specifics.

How can I make a gift to the endowment fund?

We accept gifts of cash, check, credit card, and/or stock. Credit card gifts can be made online or by contacting the Advancement Office at (323) 964-8414. To make a gift of stock, please contact the Advancement Office. Checks can be made payable to "Marlborough School" and sent to:

Marlborough School
Attention: Advancement Office
250 South Rossmore Avenue
Los Angeles, California 90004

How can I establish a named endowment fund?

Named endowment funds can be created for gifts of $100,000 or more. For more information, please contact the Advancement Office at (323) 964-8414.

I would like to give to an existing endowment fund. Is there a list of funds to which I may contribute?

Yes. A complete list of existing funds can be found in the School's Annual Report on Philanthropy. You may contact the Advancement Office at (323) 964-8414 for a copy.