The Performing Arts Department is pleased to present selections from our year-end offerings. These will include live Theater, Choral and Instrumental performances.
Also available will be links to other student work which can be accessed during the week of May 18th. These links include elements of Dance, Digital Sound and Music, Collaborative Ensemble of Technicians, and a supplement to the Song Writing Capstone.
Please join us this week to enjoy the incredible work our students have so diligently prepared.
The story follows 10-year old Winnie Foster as she meets the Tucks, a family who unintentionally gained immortality by drinking from a mysterious spring. The piece includes original music composed by Guest Artist Jules Pusch and sung/played by the students themselves!
Olivia M. '20 will present a Songwriting Capstone culminating in a presentation of her Artist Statement as a live-performance featuring collaboration with other musicians.
Marlborough's theatre classes open their virtual doors to share some of our class-work from the semester. Featuring lineage presentations from MET students, a website created by the CET students, monologues performed by Theatre II students, and original solo-performance explorations created by Theatre IV students.
The Instrumental Ensemble recital will include both solos and chamber music. Choral performances will include songs from Melodic Mustangs, Concert Choir, Chamber Choir, and Community Choir. Please join us as we honor our graduating seniors and celebrate the year end by showcasing the musical dedication of our hard working students.
The Performing Arts Department is dedicated to creating professional quality performance that ranges in style from self-created pieces to classical works to contemporary performance. Students are taught to respect the creative environment and all the elements that go into the realization of a production, both on and off-stage. Two fully-equipped performance spaces and a large scene shop provide the ground for skilled tech training and ambitious scenic, sound and lighting design elements.
- Spring Choral Concert ~ A Clear Blue Morning
- Evening of Dance - Theme and Variations
- All School Dance Concert - Haiku
- Winter Choral Concert - Beautiful December
- Fall Production - Our Town
- Marlborough Ensemble Theatre ~ "We Twelve"
- Instrument Ensemble ~ Spring Recital
- Spring Production - The Little Prince
- All-School Play - Peter and the Starcatcher
- All-School Dance Concert - Intersections
- Winter Choral Concert - Will the Circle Be Unbroken
- Evening of Dance Featuring Dance Dimensions - Letters to the World
- Marlborough Ensemble Theatre - The Women of Lockerbie
- Instrument Ensemble - A Recital of Chamber Music
- Middle School Musical - Singin' in the Rain