Tuition & Financial Aid
$47,400. There’s no way around it - it’s a lot of money for most people. If you are feeling anxious, please keep reading as we think we can help. We’re hoping you’ll walk with us, step by step, so we can show you how your family might be able to afford a Marlborough education. If something isn’t clear, ask questions. We want to hear from you. As much as we can, we want to keep this process from becoming overwhelming.
Here’s the most important thing we want you to understand - Marlborough wants, and is committed to, having a diverse community that reflects greater Los Angeles. It means having a community that represents different races, ethnicities, zip codes, religions, family structures, and socioeconomic backgrounds. The best academic institutions are heterogeneous, not homogeneous. We value you and what you bring to our community because diverse communities inspire creativity and drive innovation. It’s also why the most successful schools have endowments and budgets that fund financial aid.
We’re guessing that you’re asking, “How many students receive money?” and “Should I apply?”
Currently one in five Marlborough students receives financial assistance. The awards range from 5%-100%, and along with tuition, covers most school expenses such as books, school trips, bus transportation, college counseling workshops, laptops, extracurricular activities and more. The average award for the 2022-2023 academic year is $30,276, which covers just under 70% of a student’s tuition and educational expenses.
As you can see from the chart below, the distribution of financial aid has every band represented.
While applying takes time and asks that you share your family's financial information, we think your child is worth the effort. And remember, we're here to help.
2022-2023 Tuition and Fees
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The Marlborough Financial Aid program is designed to make a Marlborough education possible for all families based on demonstrated financial need and the availability of funds.
We have switched to Clarity Tuition to manage our financial aid analysis in order to better serve both our current and prospective families. We are confident that this change is going to make the process of applying for Financial Aid easier for families. The Clarity Application will help us determine a family’s level of financial need based on the information shared in the application, including assets, income, expenses, and debts.
The application for 2022-2023 will be available online in October 2022.
Based on the information you provide to Clarity, along with supplemental documents, Clarity calculates an estimated amount your family can contribute toward educational expenses. Information includes your assets and living expenses, and takes into account individual family situations and budgets. There is a space in the application to elaborate on any situation you feel the committee needs to know. Every financial aid application is then reviewed by the school's Financial Aid Committee, which looks carefully at each family’s individual circumstances while also prioritizing equity across our community.
- Step 1: Indicate Financial Aid Interest
- Step 2: Access the Clarity Application
- Step 3: Authorize Transcript and Submit Tax Documents
- Step 4: Submit Your Application
- Step 5: Return to the Dashboard
- Questions During the Application Process?
- What About Privacy and Security?
Step 1: Indicate Financial Aid Interest
Step 2: Access the Clarity Application
Step 3: Authorize Transcript and Submit Tax Documents
Step 4: Submit Your Application
Step 5: Return to the Dashboard
Questions During the Application Process?
What About Privacy and Security?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for financial aid?
- How does applying for financial aid affect a student’s admissions decision?
- Does Marlborough offer academic scholarships? Athletic scholarships?
- How do you calculate a family’s financial need?
- What if parents are divorced or separated or never married?
- Is there an expectation that both parents work?
- Can I submit an admissions application as a “full-pay family” and then apply for assistance after my daughter has been admitted?
- What expenses are covered by financial aid at Marlborough?
- Do I need to reapply for aid each year?
- When will I be notified of my award?
- Does Marlborough offer payment plans for tuition?