Tuition & Financial Aid
Marlborough enrolls a diverse group of students with the promise of participating fully, achieving their best, and contributing their talents and interests to benefit themselves and the school community. We recognize that independent school tuition requires a significant financial commitment, and we encourage families to apply for financial aid if the tuition is beyond your family’s budget. Marlborough currently supports approximately one in five students with awards covering 10-100 percent of school expenses, including tuition, books, transportation, and other activities that are essential to the Marlborough experience. In 2019-2020, the average financial aid award is $30,000, representing 71% of the annual tuition.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Marlborough seeks students from all socioeconomic backgrounds and approximately one in five students currently receives financial assistance. We encourage all families for whom all or part of Marlborough's tuition is outside of their family's budget to apply for financial aid.
Marlborough School uses (SSS) by NAIS School and Student Services for financial aid applications and computing of family finances. The application for 2020-2021 will be available online after October 2, 2019.
Important Note: Because admissions decisions will be released in mid-March before many families complete their tax forms, we make preliminary financial aid awards prior to receiving your 2019 Federal Income Tax forms. Awards are contingent upon the verification of the tax returns and subject to change and/or may be revoked should the 2019 Federal Income Tax forms differ from the information provided on the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through SSS.
- Who is eligible for financial aid?
- How does applying for financial aid affect a student’s admissions decision?
- Does Marlborough offer academic scholarships? Athletic scholarships?
- On what factors is a family’s financial aid award determined?
- What if parents are divorced or separated or never married?
- Is there an expectation that both parents work?
- Can I submit an admissions application as a “full-pay family” and then apply for assistance after my daughter has been admitted?
- What expenses are covered by financial aid at Marlborough?
- Do I need to reapply for aid each year?
- When will I be notified of my award?
- Does Marlborough offer payment plans for tuition?